Course Information and Certification:
1. Can I have more information about the course and duration?
For the course description, go the course section.
2. What about the prices?
Price depends on the course type and duration, for more information contact us. Group discounts are also available.
3. Who issues the international certification and from where?
Our internationally accredited courses are issued by Emergency First Response (EFR), FirstAid Responders is an accredited EFR Center in Egypt and the region.
Emergency First Response (EFR) is one of the fastest-growing international CPR, AED and first aid training organisations. With more than 56,000 instructors worldwide, Emergency First Response is backed by 48 years of experience in the development and delivery of instructional courses, training materials and educational curricula. Emergency First Response courses have widespread international acceptance. The courses follow the emergency considerations and protocols as developed by the members of the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR). Members include:
American Heart Association (AHA), European Resuscitation Council (ERC), Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC), New Zealand Resuscitation Council (NZRC), Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada (HSFC), Resuscitation Council of Southern Africa (RCSA), Inter American Heart Foundation (IAHF), Resuscitation Council of Asia (RCA – current members include Japan, Korea, Singapore, Taiwan).
The certification card is issued from Emergency First Response (EFR), EMEA Office in the UK.
4. What is the difference between the courses with an international certification and awareness workshops?
All Emergency First Response (EFR) courses include an international certification and are globally accredited. EFR courses follow the protocols as developed by the members of the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR). As previously mentioned, members include American Heart Association (AHA), European Resuscitation Council (ERC) and others. These courses are updated every couple of years to fit the international requirements. On the other hand, First Aid Responders’ awareness workshops -while being very informative- do not have any international certification.
5. Can I know more about the accredited organisations by Emergency First Response?
Below are some organizations that approved or met the guidelines of Emergency First Response (EFR) courses:
1. Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA)
2. American Camp Association.
3. American Council on Exercise (ACE)
5. California Board of Chiropractic Examiners
6. California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
7. Federal OSHA Guideline 29 CFR 1910.151.
8. Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems (MIEMSS)
9. National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
10. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association (NOAA)
11. National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
12. North Carolina DHHS Division of Child Development
13. United States Coast Guard (USCG) for a merchant mariner license
14. United States OSHA Region 10
15. British Canoe Union (BCU)
16. Duke of Edinburgh’s Award – United Kingdom
17. Health and Safety Executive (Great Britain) and (Northern Ireland) for the purposes of first aid in the workplace
18. Italian Resuscitation Council
19. Northwest (UK) SureStart Care for Children
20. SEMICYUC Sociedad Española de Medicina Intensiva, Críticos y Unidades Coronarias (Member of Spanish Resuscitation Council)
21. International Yacht Training (IYT) in the Asia Pacific region (incl. Australia and New Zealand)
22. Australia Council for Teaching Swimming and Water Safety (AUSTSWIM)
23. New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA)
24. International Yacht Training (IYT) in the Asia Pacific region
25. Philippine Heart Association Council on CPR
26. Korean Body Guard Martial Arts Association & affiliates
27. Sport for All – Korea Handball Federation
If you need to know whether your Emergency First Response course meets compliance standards for a certain organisation that is not on this list, contact us.
6. Where can I learn more about Emergency First Response (EFR)?
For more information go to www.emergencyfirstresponse.com
7. How long the certification is valid? When do I receive it?
Certification is valid for two years, it is advised to have a refresher every 24 months. A temporary card valid for 90 days is issued immediately after your course. Upon mailing your form to the UK, you should receive your original card in the mail after a couple of weeks.
8. What about refresher courses?
If you hold an expired Emergency First Response (EFR) certification or CPR/First aid certificate from another training organisation. you are eligible to attend the Emergency First Response Refresher course. Contact us for more details.
9. Is the training practical?
Yes it is, our trainings are all about the practical applications using mannequins and other equipment as well as real life scenarios. We focus on knowledge retention though the application of skills.
10 .Do you have a location?
We don’t have a fixed location, we work with different partners throughout Egypt to bring a course near you.
11. Can you organize workshops out of Cairo?
Yes that is possible.
12. When are the days of the training ?
Trainings are offered every day and time of the week, depending of what is convenient for the learners.
13. Is there a certain age or requirement for the training?
Anyone can learn first aid.
14. What is the delivery language of the training?
Delivery and material is available in both in English and Arabic.
15. What is the maximum number of participants in a course?
From 12 to 15 depending on the course type. Part of our training methodology is to keep a small group during the training in order to ensure learning and skills development.
16. What is the minimum required number in a workshop?
Around 4 to 5 people, this is important in order to ensure group and peer learning.
18. I have a group, can we have a workshop organized for us?
Yes, as soon as you get a group of 4-5 people we can have the workshop organized at the time and location that suits you. Contact us.
19. What about corporate training?
For corporate trainings check the corporate training section, and contact us for booking.